Growth Marketing Manager
Babbel is seeking an experienced performance marketer to join our team as a Growth Marketing Manager in our New York City office.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel’s team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 68 countries share in Babbel’s mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City.
About the role:
Babbel is looking for a performance marketer and a digital expert to lead Babbel’s efforts across paid digital channels, with an emphasis on paid social. Babbel is at an inflection point in its growth in the US and in this role you will help accelerate our efforts across the digital landscape.
Working closely with Marketing, Content, Design, Product and Engineering teams, you will be a vital driver of subscriber growth for Babbel. The success of your efforts will be measured by lead growth and subscriptions generated through digital channels.
If you’ve helped build a highly functional and profitable acquisition engine for a company with over 1 million monthly users through the use of paid social or native advertising, you’ll do great in this role.
- Manage end-to-end paid digital marketing channels, with an emphasis on paid social (Facebook and TikTok): strategy, planning, execution, budgeting, analysis and optimization.
- Build and maintain performance reporting and analysis across all owned acquisition channels - aggregate and analyze data from a variety of sources, highlighting successes, failures trends and opportunities
- Prepare and present insights and recommendations from experimental data
- Stay up-to-date on best practices for current acquisition channels and proactively recommend new tactics based on industry trends
- Design, implement and analyze A/B split tests across all channels (creative, offer, landing pages)
- Work with the design and content teams to develop new content, making sure all performance marketing creative assets are built in a data-driven approach
- Provide project management support to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage relationship with platform reps, third party agencies, ad networks, other service providers and vendors
Key Job Requirements Are:
- Prior experience managing direct response paid media with a specialized focus in paid social
- Comprehensive in-platform knowledge of paid social buying, audience creation, campaign management and in-dash optimization techniques
- Hands-on keyboard executional experience in Facebook and TikTok is a must
- Experience with Tracking & Attribution
- Familiarity with marketing funnels
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data
- Must be detail oriented,, organized and an efficient time manager, with a proven track record of project managing multiple projects at the same time
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Experience in B2C tech company or at a subscription-based business is a major plus
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development, frequently working closely with the SVP, CEO and other managers
- 20 PTO days every year with additional tenure-based days after 2 years
- Flexible and hybrid work environment
Salary Range: $80,000/yr - $115,000/yr, bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.