Social Media Manager
Babbel is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our growing NYC team!
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel's team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has just been named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company and has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 70 countries share in Babbel's purpose of creating mutual understanding through language.
Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City, where this position is based.
About the Role:
Social media is an integral part of our growth at Babbel. We are looking for a full-time Social Media Manager to join our team and help us build and scale our presence across key social platforms. As a Social Media Manager, you will help set and manage the development and production of our primary channels’ strategy, content creation and social calendar, from conceptional stages through execution across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest.
This role is based in our NYC office and reports to the Global Head of Social. The right person for this role will be passionate about social media, storytelling, digital innovation and culture. The ideal candidate is both left-brained and right-brained – highly strategic and analytical while also possessing the ability to develop engaging creative concepts about language, linguistics, and learning/didactics. While a second (or third) language is not a requirement, this is a role that bilingual social media pros will thrive in.
We are looking for an enthusiastic ideas person, with an ability to take ownership and collaborate to drive results. If you have a passion for social storytelling, content creation and enjoy having your content consumed by a large audience, this job is for you!
- Concept, schedule, and post social content to maximize engagement and drive growth across Instagram and other priority social channels while partnering with other teams to design and produce content
- Maintain the monthly social media calendar based on objectives and strategies of our wider team and marketing calendar
- Filter all content and copy through our “brand principles” ensuring that everything we do is hyper-focused on Babbel’s mission, aesthetic, and voice
- Represent, ideate, and maintain a prominent voice for Babbel’s brand across social, and continually seek out opportunities to authentically connect with Babbel’s audience
- Stay on top of trends, cultural moments and upcoming cross functional marketing launches to activate across Babbel’s social handles
- Work with the Global Head of Social to shape and implement Babbel’s channel strategy
- Identify and implement key optimization tactics across social channels that support Babbel’s social media and audience growth strategy
- Maintain the daily posting schedule in our Airtable system and surface for the Head of Social on a weekly basis
- Serve as one of the final set of eyes on content before it goes out in the world & ensure posting in an accurate, timely manner and in the proper Babbel tone and voice
- Dive deep into social analytics and use metrics to inform content strategy in real time
- Provide ongoing social media reporting and establish growth targets
- Strategize, manage and report on paid campaigns as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in social media, marketing, and/or communications, successfully managing and growing brand social channels
- You are an active social media user who is plugged into pop-culture, general internet trends and industry & platform news
- Knowledge of social platforms and best practices including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Threads, and YouTube
- Incredible attention to detail (including grammar, formatting and design)
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Experience collaborating across internal cross functional teams to distribute and maximize campaigns through social
- Creating original, authentic and engaging content is second-nature
- Outside the box thinker who contributes ideas and asks what are we not doing that we should be
- Copywriting experience across a variety of platforms
- Strong analytical skills to understand what’s working and what’s not and the creative brain power to try something new!
- Stay ahead of the curve by monitoring social media trends and emerging technologies to stay reactive and agile as our brand on social media
- Able to take data and translate insights into a story or actionable takeaways
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development, frequently working closely with the SVP, CEO and other managers
- 20 PTO days every year with additional tenure-based days after 2 years
- Flexible and hybrid work environment, with 2 days in person in-office required
Salary Range: $65,000/yr - $75,000/yr, bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Babbel was named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company Magazine, ranking #4 in the education category.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.