B2B Customer Success Manager, North America
We are looking for a motivated and empathetic Customer Success Manager to ensure our customers master language learning at their company! You will be working in our US team to help drive this strategic revenue channel by developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel’s team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Fast Company Magazine recognized Babbel as the most innovative education company of 2016 and GSV named Babbel amongst the world’s 150 most transformational companies in digital learning in 2023. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 68 countries share in Babbel’s mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City.
About the Role:
Babbel has seen impressive growth in the US in the past few years. The US is now the fastest growing market on the B2C side, and an innovation engine across the organization. The B2B business has been quickly growing and is set to double revenue globally in 2022. We are hiring a Customer Success Manager to join our fast-growing US B2B team and support our growing customer list. With a team of Sales Managers based in Berlin, we have proven product-market fit in North America, with many customers across US, Canada, and Mexico; And we are now looking to build out the team in the US. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who has 2-4 years of experience with retaining and expanding a book of business, with a particular emphasis on HR verticals, and proven results of exceeding expansion and upsell targets.
The role would report to our Customer Success Team Manager for North America and would be located in Chicago where occasional office time may occur as needed.
- Enable true success of our customers, meaning they are happy to use Babbel, feel supported in using our solutions, and find immense value in not only our solution, but our team (which starts with you!)
- Own and nurture your own pipeline of potential upsell and renewal opportunities within your growing customer base with a consultative approach
- Kick-start projects and implementations with our new customers, which may include preparing presentations
- Manage the lifecycle of each of our clients by establishing and maintaining rapport and a trusted relationship
- Proactively identify and assess our customer’s needs, always thinking of ways to improve their experience with Babbel
- Deliver tailored value propositions to your prospects through presentations and live product demos
- Collaborate effectively within the B2B team, including the Account Management, Product, and Sales teams.
- Provide feedback on product improvements that will drive revenue
- Consistently look for ways to streamline our customer experience and operations, improve processes, and develop better data on our customers and products
- Valuable and relevant customer success experience
- Experience building a Customer Success process or equivalent experience over 2-4 years
- Experience working with SME clients and HR and/or C-level personas
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue targets and agreed KPIs
- Target-driven mentality and a fearless approach to your work
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Fun speaking with people on the phone, over zoom, or via email and helping them achieve their goals
- Experience working within a Saas startup environment is a plus
- Interest in language or multilingualism is a plus
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- 4 weeks PTO + tenure-based increase after 2 years
- Flexible hybrid work-from-home policy
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Commitment to learning and development
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.