B2B Field Marketing Manager, North America
We are looking for a B2B Field Marketing Manager to join our team!
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel’s team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 68 countries share in Babbel’s mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City.
About the role:
Babbel is hiring a marketing manager to join our fast-growing US team. Our B2B offering has proven product-market fit and rapid revenue growth driven by a sales and marketing team based in Berlin. Since the beginning of 2022, we have built up a US-based sales team who has been accelerating growth in the US and has seen lots of success. This role is located in the U.S. and reports to the B2B growth marketing team in Berlin, but will work closely with the U.S. Performance Marketing Manager and Content Marketing Manager and has a close operational relationship with the US sales team. This role will be based out of our Chicago office, currently with a hyrbid office model.
- Work closely with the global growth marketing team to localize all marketing activities
- Develop, implement, and optimize marketing with appropriate marketing strategy to accelerate the sales pipeline and continue growth in the US market
- Plan and execute U.S.-based inbound and outbound lead generation campaigns together with sales and marketing managers to ensure there is alignment between the field marketing activity and lead follow-up
- Guide the lead nurture strategies, with most campaigns executed by the core operations and content teams under your direction
- Advise local content production, including video, webinars, downloadables, etc.
- Execute in-person events
- Purchase swag and provide the sales team with the materials they need
- Leverage the foundational marketing processes currently in place -- including lead generation, CRM nurture automations, content, decks, and collateral -- to optimize, iterate, and fine-tune them for US needs
- Target-driven mentality and a fearless approach to your work
- Experience working with Hubspot, SalesForce, or similar CRM
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Minimum 3 years experience in B2B growth or field marketing with proficiency in lead generation and online marketing
- Strong understanding of inbound and outbound processes including campaign planning, execution and conversion metrics
- Experience managing large regional marketing budgets and willingness to travel for field events
- Interest in language-learning required; multilingualism is a plus
- 4 weeks PTO
- Flexible hybrid work-from-home policy
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- ClassPass and Citibike programs
- Commitment to learning and development
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.