B2B Customer Success Manager, Americas
We are looking for a motivated and empathetic Customer Success Manager to ensure our customers master language learning at their company! You will be working in our US team to help drive this strategic revenue channel by developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel's team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has just been named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company and has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 70 countries share in Babbel's purpose of creating mutual understanding through language.
Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City. We're primarily looking for customer success managers in the greater NYC, Boston, or Chicago area. If you are located in NYC, we have a flexible and hybrid work environment with 2 days/week required in office.
About the Role:
We are hiring a Customer Success Manager to join our fast-growing US team and support our growing customer list. With a team of Sales Managers based in Berlin, we have proven product-market fit in North America, with many customers across US, Canada, and Mexico; And we are now looking to build out the team in the US. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who has 2-4 years of experience with retaining and expanding a book of business, with a particular emphasis on HR verticals, and proven results of exceeding expansion and upsell targets. The role would report to our Customer Success Team Manager for North America and would be located in Chicago where occasional office time may occur as needed.
- Enable true success of our business customers, meaning they are happy to use Babbel, feel supported in using our solutions, and find immense value in not only our solution, but our team (which starts with you!)
- Own and nurture your own pipeline of potential upsell and renewal opportunities within your growing customer base with a consultative approach
- Kick-start projects,implementations and onboarding with our new customers, which may include preparing presentations
- Manage the lifecycle of each of our clients by establishing and maintaining rapport and a trusted relationship
- Proactively identify and assess our customer’s needs, always thinking of ways to improve their experience with Babbel
- Deliver tailored value propositions to your prospects through presentations and live product demos
- Collaborate effectively within the B2B team, including the Customer Success, Product, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Provide feedback on product improvements that will drive revenue
- Consistently look for ways to streamline our customer experience and operations, improve processes, and develop better data on our customers and products
- Valuable and relevant customer success experience
- Experience building a Customer Success process or equivalent experience over 2-4 years
- Experience working with SME clients and HR and/or C-level personas
- Proven track record of exceeding renewal and upsell targets and agreed KPIs
- Target-driven mentality and a fearless approach to your work
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRM
- Experience working with a Customer Success Tool (Such as Gainsight or Vitally)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Fun speaking with people on the phone, over zoom, or via email and helping them achieve their goals
- Experience working within a Saas startup environment is a plus
- Proficient in Spanish a plus
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development, frequently working closely with the SVP, CEO and other managers
- 20 PTO days every year with additional tenure-based days after 2 years
- In New York City, the reasonable annualized full-time salary for this role is $85,000 - $105,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
- For all other locations, the reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is in line with competitive geographic market rates for this role and will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Babbel was named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company Magazine, ranking #4 in the education category.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.