B2B Sales Manager, Americas
Enjoy working as an individual contributor and are passionate about learning languages? Join us! We are looking for a Sales Manager (Account Executive) for our B2B division, who will be a key player on our Sales team as we accelerate our growth and expansion across the Americas.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel's team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has just been named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company and has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 70 countries share in Babbel's purpose of creating mutual understanding through language.
Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City. We're looking for sales managers in the greater Boston or NYC area. If you are located in NYC, we have a flexible and hybrid work environment with 2 days/week required in office.
About the Role:
Our momentum in the Americas kicked off in late 2022, with our US team tripling in headcount while exceeding revenue goals by delivering a best-in class solution to an age-old problem. Now, we’re continuing to expand our business offering across North America as part of our global international growth strategy to create mutual understanding through language across the world.
There’s never been a better time to our team at Babbel for Business — the international market leader in digital language learning programs.
We are hiring for a Sales Manager, Americas (Account Executive) to join our fast-growing US team and directly contribute to expanding the B2B business. You would join an incredible team of Sales Managers based across the East Coast. We have proven product-market fit in North America, with many customers across US, Canada, and Mexico, and we are now looking to expand our sales team further. We are looking for an Account Executive with at least 3-5+ years of closing experience selling SaaS and services to business vertical leaders and C-levels, with a particular emphasis on HR personas and multilingual organizations, and proven results of exceeding targets. The role would report to our Manager of B2B Sales, Americas and would be a remote role with occasional in-office collaboration with the B2B sales team at our US HQ in New York. We're ideally looking for sales managers in the greater Boston or NYC area.
- Own and build a pipeline of inbound marketing-sourced, outbound Business Development team-sourced leads, and outbound self-sourced leads from accounts across key verticals in your region
- Develop a detailed understanding of the goals and strategic business needs of each of your prospect accounts
- Deliver tailored value propositions to your prospects through presentations and live product demos
- Proactively multithread with key stakeholders and decision makers in HR, Operations, and Finance
- Coach, develop, and empower champions to sell for you internally
- Negotiate deals across procurement to C-level and Finance teams
- Deliver a consistent quota attainment, win rate, and accurate monthly forecast
- Oversee the successful handover of closed accounts to the Customer team
- Delight in rising to the challenge of ambitious growth targets
- Thrive on figuring out ambiguous situations
- Proven track record of exceeding monthly revenue targets and key performance indicators
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Valuable and relevant sales experience selling to small to medium-sized businesses
- Experience as a top-performing individual contributor for 3-5+ years in B2B SaaS sales
- Bilingual (business-level proficiency) in both English and Spanish is a plus
- Target-driven mentality with your work and a fearless approach to achieving your goals
- Experience using MEDDICC, Challenger, and SPICED sales methodologies
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working within a SaaS startup environment is a plus
- Interest in language or multilingualism is a plus
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development, frequently working closely with the SVP, CEO and other managers
- 20 PTO days every year with additional tenure-based days after 2 years
- In New York City, the reasonable annualized full-time salary for this role is $110,000 - $125,000; placement within this range will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
- For all other locations, the reasonable annualized full-time salary range for this role is in line with competitive geographic market rates for this role and will vary based on several factors including, but not limited to experience, education, licensure/certifications, training and skill level
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Babbel was named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company Magazine, ranking #4 in the education category.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.