B2B Business Development Manager, North America
We are hiring a Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing US team and contribute to the expansion of the B2B business.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel’s team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for three years running. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 68 countries share in Babbel’s mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City.
About the Role:
We are hiring a Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing US team and contribute to the expansion of the B2B business. We are looking for a BDM who has experience managing inbound leads as well as strong outbound skills, introducing and selling SaaS to business vertical leaders and C-levels, with a particular emphasis on HR verticals. We are looking for someone with 2+ years of experience in Sales/Business Development, with proven experience exceeding targets, and who is looking to level up! The role reports to our Business Development Team Manager, North America, and will work closely with our US-dedicated marketing team on campaigns. This role is remote first with occasional in-office collaboration with the US B2B team that may require you to be present.
- Own and manage a pipeline of inbound and outbound leads from the North America market
- Lead the research, mapping and prioritization of target accounts
- Plan and execute outbound campaigns via email, phone and Linkedin
- Identify and reach out to prospects from our database of Marketing Qualified Leads, in order to generate qualified opportunities for our team of Sales Managers
- Work closely with the Sales team to handover opportunities and document prospect requirements and details in our CRM
- Delight in rising to the challenge of ambitious growth targets
- Valuable and relevant inbound or outbound sales experience
- 2+ years of experience as a SDR/BDM in B2B SaaS sales with SME clients
- Business proficiency of the Spanish language; additional languages are a plus!
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue targets and agreed KPIs
- Target-driven mentality and a fearless approach to your work
- Experience working with Hubspot or a similar CRM tool
- Experience working with tools like Salesloft, Zoominfo, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Gong and more
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Experience working within a SAAS startup environment is a plus
- Interest in language is a plus
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Babbel was named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company Magazine, ranking #4 in the education category.
- A “learning company” culture including personalized learning opportunities ranging from lunch & learns to classes, conferences, networking groups, and more
- Every employee has an impact – we do things that matter, and our work helps transforms millions of lives
- Diversity isn’t just part of the Babbel mindset – it’s a strategic advantage
- 3 weeks vacation + 2 weeks of company holidays
- Generous 401k match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance; FSA and commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave + 8 weeks flexible return schedule
- Citibike subscription
- Stocked kitchen and happy hours
- On-site gym, bicycle room, and roof-deck
- Office close to Grand Central Terminal and most major subway lines
The Babbel Story
In 2007 we didn't enter the online language learning market -- we started it.
Since then, one challenge drives us: Everyone learning languages. Why? Because we understand the power of language. How it builds confidence, connects people, solves real-life problems, and opens doors.
From the humble beginning of four entrepreneurs working on a side hustle, we made Babbel into the world’s top-grossing language-learning app with millions of paying subscribers. Fast Company awarded us “The world’s most innovative education company.”
Being first was just the beginning. Today, we’re not only a part of the online language learning market - we lead it. Join us and help us stay there.